You probably guessed correctly, me! Well, not me exactly me, but my house. I am very excited to be a part of the 2013 Irvington Historical Home Tour. This is the 40th year the tour has run (it is the longest running home tour in Indianapolis) and I am totally geeking out that I get to be on the tour. I wrongly assumed that home tours would only be interested in the large and gorgeously groomed historical homes in my neighborhood not my tiny 994 square foot baby, but I am glad to be proven wrong!
If you live in the Indianapolis area you should come out and support the Benton House (all proceeds from the tour go toward keeping the historic Benton House up and running) and take a tour of a lot of cool houses (including my own!). The tour is on September 15, 2013 so no need to plan for it yet, but this post isn’t just about my announcement…. it is also a to-do list.
Yep, I’m going to be on a home tour in a few short weeks, which means I have a lot to do! So here are the things I absolutely want to get done before the home tour and a list of things I would like to try and get done before then.
Must be done:
– screen in the porch
– mow grass, trim bushes, maybe even mulch
– plant plants in a few of the empty planters on the porch
– “decorate” the porch
– clean all base boards and doors with a magic eraser or something like that
– clean windows inside and out
– remove old blinds caps in the living room
– re-grout bathtub and tile (not particularly looking forward to this but it seriously needs to be done)
– if I don’t have time to refinish the wood floors in the bedrooms they need a seriously good cleaning, I might try and remove some of the obvious paint spots in the hallway so it looks less like the floor of an old shed.
– fix hall closet door (it doesn’t latch and is perpetually open which drives me insane)
– get bookshelf for the dining room
– do something with bare wall in bedroom (desk? chair? art? bench?)
If I have time:
– paint entry
– paint hallway
– add curtains in the entry
– replace blinds in the living room
– get a table cloth for the dining room table
– refinish hardwood floors in the bedrooms (I think this is wishful thinking but it would be really nice)
Uh, so I have a lot to do, I gotta go! Wish me luck!