Archives For cord solutions

A few weeks ago I solved my massive cord problem by using a standing file box. It worked out perfectly, except that the file box was bright yellow. It didn’t quite blend in.

Untitled design (1) It only took me a few weeks but I finally carved out the 7 minutes it took me to paint the file box (note the┬ásarcasm. I’m not quite that busy, just lazy).

Actually the real reason it took me so long is because I wasn’t looking forward to taking all the cords out, painting it, letting it dry, and then putting it all back together again. Then I realized, I don’t have to do all that. Instead I just stuck a piece of cardboard under it and only painted the front and side which show.

IMG_4870

I’m only ever in the mood to paint at night so no good pictures, but you get the idea. I used the paint from the walls because I figured it was dark enough to blend in with the wood work, plus I already had the paint. I did two quick coats and let it dry.

P1130546 P1130550

I think it looks really nice. I’m sure no one will notice it, which is exactly what you want form something that is trying to hide something else.

P1130545 P1130543

Also, this Bob photobomb is the best thing that’s ever happened to me.